Vehicle Brake Service and Repair in Kitchener Waterloo
Antilock brake systems (ABS) are an important safety feature that has become standard on most of today's automobiles. ABS consists of two subsystems:
- All the parts of conventional brake system; pads shoes rotors and so on
- The ABS controller (computer), its associated sensors (inputs) actuators (outputs), wiring and connectors.
The computer receives an input signal from the wheel sensors which monitors the speed of each wheel, then compares it with the other wheels. If the comparison indicates any wheel lockup, the computer sends specific commands to the valves to raise or lower the hydraulic pressure to that wheel to prevent skid. All of this goes unnoticed by the driver unless a component fault is detected by the computer and the “BRAKE” or the ABS light comes on.
Don’t wait until the last second to get your brakes checked/serviced! Our technicians pay close attention to every aspect of your vehicle’s brake system when they inspect to make sure your vehicle is running safely.
At AutoSmarto, we carry a wide range of brake parts, from high-end to economy level in order to suit every budget out there. Take these following steps and make sure your brakes are inspected on a regular basis:
- Check brake fluid level every 20,000 km or 12 months
- Change brake fluid every 50,000 km to 70,000 km
- Check pads, shoes, drums and rotors every 20,000 km
Visit us for your brake inspection, replacement, and service needs.
Book an Appointment